HDR how to help

I've found Dynamic HDR to be kind of flaky. It's easier to use, but the program is just clunky and poorly written.

Their attempt to make an OSX version is laughable at best. I feel sorry for anyone that actually paid for it.

Photomatix is a little better done, but as mentioned it's not user friendly. It assumes you know what you're doing.

With Dynamic HDR you can quickly run things through the work flow, select the right radio button (preset) and the output looks pretty darn good. But I've found venturing too far outside of the automated workflow yields application bugs galore.

I wish it were better written... especially for OSX.

What do you mean "for example" ? Which? I didn't explain it enough to understand? I'm not sure what you are meaning. Do I need to explain better or are you talking about pictures? Because I can't show you the picture as it is in Dynamic b/c when I save it, it don't look anything like the work that I did. So you can't compare the two since I can't do that. So, I'm confused what example you want.

In Dynamic Photo there is a button that says "PROCESS" (or maybe Process Image). Only after tone-mapping, and then process image can you get a usable JPEG. Otherwise its just an .HDR file, which is not an image file (per se).

So yes, when I say "for example" I am asking for a tonemapped (even if you do nothing but click TONE MAP) image, that has been processed.

I know how to process it, what I'm saying is after I process it and save it to jpeg....the picture DOES NOT have any of the postprocessing done to it. It looks nothing like what was processed. But, I think I've figured out that I have to shut it down in between each picture and restart. That made it work ok. I don't know why it's doing this though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back