wildmaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildmaven.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Original photo: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94554

Taken from 3 exposures, very fast shutter speed, converted to HDR in PhotoShop CS2:

dztqpg.jpg

Marian

I personally don't think it works here....at all.

Usually it's more for things with great contrast...

dark building and bright sun, or something like that...also good for reflections...

This case it just kinda looks like a cartoon.

Well, congratulations on your very first HDR :D. :cheer:

However ...

... I much prefer the original to this one here. All the original needed was a bit more light in your dog's eyes.

I personally don't think it works here....at all.

agreed. I know it's your first, but maybe a little more experimentation before you put something of this up on the web for people to see. I didn't even put my first HDR up on here because I knew it was bad.

Well, congratulations on your very first HDR :D. :cheer:

However ...

... I much prefer the original to this one here. All the original needed was a bit more light in your dog's eyes.

Thanks for the congrats. As this was the first one where I didn't get the dreaded "there isn't enough dynamic range" error, I was tickled pink that it worked. :lovey: There is no way I'm going to use this for anything, it was just fun to show that I got one to work.

agreed. I know it's your first, but maybe a little more experimentation before you put something of this up on the web for people to see. I didn't even put my first HDR up on here because I knew it was bad.

Well thank you very much. Do you have a lot of bad things happening in your life that you need to make others feel badly to make you feel good (((HUGS)))? I thought this board was about learning, or didn't you get that memo? :greenpbl:

Huh? You are usually so nice Switch.

Ok, everyone who wants a "Crit before Posting Forum" please raise your hand.
We can all get together and argue whether or not the rules have been read, get 10 altogether different opinions, scream at each other a bit, and decide that really no one has a right to post anything.

LOL

Ah well, I am quite safe from any of this. I tucked away my first portrait HDR nicely into an old thread of mine and only very few ever saw it, heehee. So no one could tell me I had better not posted it in the first place. Good to be one whose threads get seldom read by many, heehee. (Those who did see the "play" HDR of my husband's "play" portrait also liked the original better, by the way - and hey, photography and all that is related to it is mostly just "playing" for me, anyway, so there... why bother? ;) ;) ;))

Taken from 3 exposures, very fast shutter speed, converted to HDR in PhotoShop CS2:

Looks like it brought out some details nicely. The blue though, was there a white balance problem with the originals?

WOW. Reminds me of the post that is still going on about rudeness.

1. The picture to me does not look like HDR. I still like the pic.
2. The only way you learn is by posting and getting the good, bad, ugly.. So post away. Thats how I learn.
3. IMO Photoshop sucks at HDR. Maybe Im not using it right. I like Photomatix. Its a free trial. I would love to see this pic using Photomatix.

I thought so, but then there are other areas that are pure white. Perhaps a reflection from the blue carpet?

There is definitely a white balance problem toward blue which shows even in the eyes of the dog. The apparent white on top of the dog may simply be overexposure.

skieur

OK, so it's not a masterpiece, but I'm not sure we should be suggesting anyone shouldn't post. Hell, we've even just finished a comp for " Worst Photo in the World, Ever, Ever, Ever..." (how ever contrived some may have been).

It doesn't strike me as an obvious HDR, though it doesn't appear natural, and the blue has been mentioned. For me, this wouldn't be a candidate for that type of treatment, I'd like to see the original, at which point I think you've captured a good 'record' shot of the dog. Difficult for me to say much more, as I'm not really a fan of pet photography.

Most reactions

Back