HDR panoramic shots ?!?!?!

canon_kid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
like wild fire I have been infatuated with panoramic photography, but I also enjoy HDR can I put them both together ?

I take between 5 and 15 shots to make a panoramic photo and when you do HDR you need to shoot the same thing in 3-5 shots and need to be rock solid on your tripod, iam guessing when i do a hdr pano shot i need to use those little pano #'s on my manfrotto's tripod head correct ?

if not can you give me a link or you tube vid on how to shoot a hdr pano shot ?

Shooting a HDR pano is no different to shooting a normal pano, only that you're doing 3-5 times as many shots with different exposures. Do them in any order you want and then throw them into a program capable of rendering panoramas straight to radiance files (*.HDR) like Auto Pano Pro. Then simply open the resulting radiance file in your HDR editor of choice and apply tonemapping.

With any decent program you don't need to worry about using the angle indicators on the tripod. Heck the last few times I've done these kinds of images I didn't even bother with a tripod at all.

I have done more than a few HDR panos and Yes... a tripod is a must.

False Kiva - Pano/Vertorama | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
For this shot I used AV mode and shoot 5 vertical bracketed shots (with lots of overlap) panning left to right. I processed the "middle" image in photomatix then save the settings and process all 5 HDR images as a batch. Next it was off to Cs4 for a photo-merge then back to LR for some touch up work.

Seems like a lot of work but once you get the flow down its not bad at all.

a few more

San Rafael Swell Vertorama | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Utah Lake 1.30.2010 - Pano | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Utah Lake 1.4.2010 Pano | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

thanks for the heads up i just went with the flow like any ol hdr image and so far its ok, iam not really impressed with hdr in the first place but maybe iam doing it wrong i guess

thanks for the heads up i just went with the flow like any ol hdr image and so far its ok, iam not really impressed with hdr in the first place but maybe iam doing it wrong i guess

Agreed. I can't get a feel for the sliders. They never come out well. I use CS5.

Most reactions

Back