HDR pic - Need advice/editing help

Parker219

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love the look of these buildings. However this is a high traffic area, if I get further away, there will be people in the shot. The other problem is the buildings dont have the same lines, so if I make the corner of the building on the left straight, the other building wont be straight. Pretty much, I dont know if someone can edit this to make it look straighter or any better looking or is the only hope to re-shoot this?

I will post 2 versions, the second pic has more contrast and is sharper.

$Italy-ntbf1.jpg

$Italy-ntbf1-sharper-rs.jpg

Comments/suggestions/which one of the 2 is better/can you edit? Thank you!

That building is amazing!
I definitely prefer the second image. The clarity is much better. The colours are also a bit more saturated. As for the straightness of the lines, there are tools in Photoshop that you can use to straighten buildings...

But I do definitely agree, the angle doesn't do it for me, it feels off and quite tightly cropped... Perhaps a re shoot at dawn when its empty so you can get further back and include more of the building in the shot?

I would have liked to have seen the entire stair case as well as the bottom of the pillars. :)

Thank you for the great feedback! I know what you mean, I wish I could get more of the building, this was lucky to get this shot with no people ( waited for 2 hours for a clearing ). I am wondering if getting the whole building, but with people in it, would be worth it or not!??! There is really no slower time then when I went. The staircase has a chain going across with a sign that says something like "dont go up here" or "employees only" or something. However I do have one that shows the whole staircase.

Its a pleasure :)

Well with regards to the chain and sign, that can be easily cloned out in Photoshop. And including people, with an extended shutter speed could create some very interesting effects. It could give some great sense of movement and life... Give it a try, see what happens. :D That's the beauty of digital; unlimited attempts for free :D

Good points. I wish photoshop was free. Still working on adding that. =-)

Well you can use the trial version for a while...

DLing now =-)

Not to bad for no photoshop I have the same issue here so many people walking around hard to get shots without tons of people/movement but over all great they both are good I like the bottom one I tend to like more vibrant shots tho

I dont know what you are doing but most if not every shot you process looks like a bar of soap that was been used a few times. There is no sharpness, but rather a kind of smeary look to them. Ive mentioned this before and nothing has changed.

^ I dont know what you are seeing, it doesnt look that way to me. These are processes in photomatix, I can "sharpen" it more, just for kicks lets see what that looks like...

$Italy-ntbf1-sharper-rs-toosharp.jpg

Looks bad when I view at full size^ So I dont know what to do. I'm trying to DL the photoshop trial, but I am getting an error.

Last edited:
I like the build it is a beautiful building, I agree with some what has been written so far, I don't like the angle, I don't know if it would have been possible to back up and get a wider shot. But the angle that you shot at, gives it and look of being out of plumb, which can sometimes be interesting, but in this case I think it takes away from the shot.

^ ok thanks. I am going to shoot this building to death...umm...photograph this building a lot, since I guess its not just me that thinks its cool. Lets hope I eventually get some good ones!

Here is an edit you can do by using free transform to correct the keystone effect and because of aligning the vertical lines there will be blank spaces but you can fill this up by selecting similar areas and putting it in another layer and adjust size with free transform and use layer mask to blend with the original bg layer.

Attachments

• $Italy-ntbf1.jpg
    $Italy-ntbf1.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 152
WOW! Very nice. Thank you for taking the time to do that. It is amazing what you can do with software now days.

Most reactions

Back