HDR pic - Need advice/editing help

Heh, I can't promise my results will be better than your but it never hurts to give it a shot

^Well at least I can figure out if it is my processing or the picture.

This is just a quick and dirty process, I must admit I'm not as good as I could be at perspective shifting. I did run it through Camera Raw and made a guess at lens and applied lens correction.

Attachments

• $DSCN4051_2_3_tonemapped.jpg
    $DSCN4051_2_3_tonemapped.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 110
ok...so yours is tonned down and softer than mine. Also the white in the building is more orange( warmer ). Did it fix the problem you were seeing?

I like your edit, it looks more real, for sure.

One thing I noticed as I was processing is a bit of chromatic aboration. I checked the exif and notice these were taken at F3. You might cut that back to around F8, it might help with the CA.

^ Yep. Bright sky shining through dark trees. I noticed it, but didnt think it was TOO distracting.

Actually I was referring to the columns not the trees

Attachments

• $CA.jpg
    $CA.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 144
^ OIC what you mean now. So is your photo soapy looking? Or was it my processing that made mine soapy looking? I'm asking because I dont know what you guys are seeing when you say that.

Well, I can't speak for Bynx, he is the one who used the term "soapy". I did process it a little different. I chose align by correcting horizontal and verticle shifts instead of matching features. Matching features came across a little soft on my screen

Here is my edit, more or less a combination of both of y'all's techniques I think.

Attachments

• $DSCN4051_2_3_fused.jpg
    $DSCN4051_2_3_fused.jpg
    581.6 KB · Views: 130
I dont know what you are doing but most if not every shot you process looks like a bar of soap that was been used a few times. There is no sharpness, but rather a kind of smeary look to them. Ive mentioned this before and nothing has changed.

Maybe if you'd make a suggestion to rectify it, instead of just pointing out what's wrong with it, something would change. Criticism from people who only find fault, and fail to offer remedies, is easy to dismiss...

I dont know what you are doing but most if not every shot you process looks like a bar of soap that was been used a few times. There is no sharpness, but rather a kind of smeary look to them. Ive mentioned this before and nothing has changed.

Maybe if you'd make a suggestion to rectify it, instead of just pointing out what's wrong with it, something would change. Criticism from people who only find fault, and fail to offer remedies, is easy to dismiss...

But in a way, he is. He is letting the OP know that he is not working on getting better, and that he really should. Meh, just my thoughts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back