HDR portraits?

This was done in lightroom with fill light sliders and black point contrast .........

2427409957_1139072c23.jpg

Was this soley created in Lightroom or was it doctored in photoshop (or some other program) and then Lightroom? I'm trying to decide if I should buy LR

Was this soley created in Lightroom or was it doctored in photoshop (or some other program) and then Lightroom? I'm trying to decide if I should buy LR

This was done soley in lightroom
except for the watermark and frame.
but the photo itself was all done inlightroom

I'm sold. I'm sorry to thread jack but is there a promotion code I can use for LR so I don't have to spend the whole $300?

I tried the lucas arts mod, it's crap, just buy lightroom instead; the results are much more natural

This was done with Adobe Camera Raw with a high-pass sharpen in CS3:
zoe_fountain_stylized_6_sm.jpg

I've tried a number of different things with a number of different photos, but what I've found the common link between most of my more successful attempts is that the lighting has to be pretty damn good to successfully apply the effect. Lots of shadowed areas gives you big nasty halos (I realize the above image still has some, but it's from the sharpening pass) and bokeh can be problematic (if you notice the bad halos way in the background).

Sounds like someone doesn't even know what it is, since the whole point is an artificial look and it CAN look good if done well...
Sounds like someone can't read....I said I had tried it.

I think you spend too much of your life on TPF^:lmao:

You can use photomatix as well for HDR. But another similar look is to just adjust the shadows and highlights in PS.

If you're a student you can get it for $99 with student discounts.
** link taken out because I don't want any part of this "seller", reg **

Electronic download? 99 dollar Lightroom, which is *not* offered in an Academic Edition at ANY well known retail source?

I think that "less than likely to be genuine" puts it gently.

No, that site is legit actually.

And Adobe does list an educational version. See: http://www.adobe.com/education/purchasing/education_pricing.html

"Photoshop Lightroom™ 1 MLP UE 19250020 US$99"

Of course I dunno if it sucked my educator status in order to access that page or not. Sometimes sites make us register with them first. Try it I guess. <shrug>

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back