HDR questions

Yes, which is part of the reason I was confused that they didn't line up?

Hey everyone, been looking on this site for about a week now and finally went to take some pictures today and try the HDR developing world out. Upon editing my photo's (using Adobe PS CS2), I ran into a problem. Whenever I go to process all three images in the beginning to convert them to 1 image before the editing process, it comes out blurry. I've checked all three images and they are sharp and clear, no blurryness what so ever. Is there something i'm doing wrong??? I'm basically clueless as to what's going wrong...

Also, after completing the editing part, I went to save it as a 16bit .tiff file and it wont open up in Adobe Bridge to further edit it under camera raw but yet it just opens back up in PS C2? What gives??? :madass:

So I'm new here, but I've been lookin' around the site and I though I'd give the HDR thing a try and I took a few pictures with the different exposures, with my new Nikon D40X, and when I went to merge them as an HDR in photoshop (its either CS2 or CS3, I don't remember right now) but I got an error message saying,

"Error 48: File or Folder does not exist.
Line: 38
-> $.evalFile(g_StackScriptFolderPath + "LatteUI.jsx"); "

What does that mean, and is there a way to fix this? Thanks for the help!

-Harry

MacDuff, I've found PS's HDR merging inferior to Photomatix. I also understand that tone mapping and HDR's are different, however, it depends on what effect you desire. I am looking for fuller colors, not necessarily to reveal the shadow and details in highlight/blow-outs. With that said, I also shoot in low-light conditions w/fast moving subjects. This leads me to my reason for being here. I would like to hear other thoughts on this objective, to shoot in low light conditions w/out a flash. One camera over another? I am looking to buy another body, leveraging the hole I found in my profession. Very few photogs will work in these conditions, therefore, little competition, however, to produce something reliable and will sell I need to do this better than average too. Any thoughts?

Here's something from my last work that sold:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3347/3189519063_835ccf7f33.jpg

Flickr: Horse Photographer's Photostream

You can do it in Photoshop, but I would recommend "Photomatix Pro 4". It takes some time to learn to use, because of render-time, but it's fairly simple, and the results are amazing.

You can also open Bridge, and select the different exposures you want to merge to generate the HDR, then select "tools" and then select "Merge to HDR Pro"
But I would go with photomatix. It's the best software for HDR. PS doesn't do a very good job in HDR Photography (just my opinion)

Can you do HDR photos in PS? If so, how? Or is there a special program needed? Lastly, could you do something that looks similar to HDR in PS? Once again, if so, how?
Yes You Can, And I Have A Video On Just How To Do That..
You Can View This Here.

And If you need help on creating an HDR image using your Camera using Bracketing mode here

Most reactions

New Topics

Back