HDR (re)attempt...

fiveoboy01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some of you may recall my HDR image of the truck which was not really a very good candidate for HDR because it did not have a wide enough dynamic range to NEED that type of processing.

Mind you I'm not trying to jump on the HDR bandwagon but rather I want to use it in the proper situations where it would be needed.

I've tried again to pick a few subjects that I think are better suited, after having it explained to me. These were all shot with a very bright sky and darker foregrounds, so I'm thinking these were the proper application of HDR editing. C&C is welcome as always.

640506149_UyVSy-XL.jpg

640506552_32P2A-XL.jpg

640506327_6MuHE-XL.jpg

Definitely more in-line with things you would see the benefit of HDR from- less so on the first one, but definitely on the latter two. Seems like you've done a fairly reasonable job with the tonemapping as well. Not quite the end result I would have gone for, but seems like you've got an internally consistent effect.

BTW, this probably should be in the HDR section of the board. You may want to ask a mod to move it.

Wrong forum, again... DOH.

NOW I see the HDR forum. I'll "report" my own thread and see if it gets moved.

Honestly I don't really know what I'm doing with Photomatix really, I'm just running the multiple exposures through it, then opening in PSE and using that to unsharp mask and add the watermark. The colors are a little too wild for me on the latter two for sure, especially the reds and greens.

Most reactions

Back