HDR Software?

blacklabs165

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have just purchased a rebel t1i. I was trying to find some good software to make HDR images. The software I have downloaded off google doesn't seem to give the effect I am looking for(I would assume thats the quality you get with freeware). I also have software called Photo Impact Pro Version 11. Somebody let me borrow this software and I cant find the tone mapping feature on it. If anyone has some suggestions, I would love to hear them. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Photomatix is probably the best. Photoshop is great at so many things, however, there are some things that a stand alone program can do better. You can get the photomatix bundle which also has a PS plug in.

I've had incredible success with qtpfsgui.

word is that the newest version of PS does a very good job, much better than earlier versions.

photomatrix , fdr tools and HDR studio are consider highly. Each has it's own strengths.

check out the trial versions to see which, if not all give you the results your looking for.

PHOTOMATIX! Great HDR software.

Id suggest photomatix as well.

word is that the newest version of PS does a very good job, much better than earlier versions.

photomatrix , fdr tools and HDR studio are consider highly. Each has it's own strengths.

check out the trial versions to see which, if not all give you the results your looking for.
CS5 is without doubt Adobe's best HDR processor yet, but Photomatix Pro still leaves it in the dust and is generally considered the best HDR application currently available.

Last edited:
I have used both Photomatrix Pro, and Photoshop. I prefer Photoshop just because after you make the HDR you can do more work to the photo without having to export it and load it again and such. Both programs do a great job however. I find it easier to tweak in Photoshop as well to get the HDR to look right.

Photomatix is good, but I think alot of people like it just because its easier to get the crazy, unrealistic HDR images that a lot of people over do. I have heard CS5 has much better HDR capabilities than before and this was one of the biggest improvements made to this version. I just upgraded but have yet to do any HDR work.

Most reactions

Back