HDR sunsets

nvr2low

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
a couple of recent HDR's ive been playing with.

170572164-L.jpg

172405012-L.jpg

I like the first one best. It's the better composition and there's more of interest. Both might benefit from a little more subtle HDR-ing to avoid the flare around the sun in the first and the lights in the second.
Mike

well im new to photomatix so im not that great with the fine tuning yet. once i get more time with the program im sure my results will be improved.

well im new to photomatix so im not that great with the fine tuning yet. once i get more time with the program im sure my results will be improved.
These are the settings I used for my Dorset Sunset picture.
Strength 88
Colour Saturation 50
Light Smoothing +1
Luminosity 0
Micro-contrast 0
Micro-smoothing 2
White clip 0.304
Black clip 0.250
Gamma 1.00
When you get a setting you like, make sure you save it because you'll never accidentally get all the sliders in exactly the same position ever again.

Mike

These are the settings I used for my Dorset Sunset picture.
Strength 88
Colour Saturation 50
Light Smoothing +1
Luminosity 0
Micro-contrast 0
Micro-smoothing 2
White clip 0.304
Black clip 0.250
Gamma 1.00
When you get a setting you like, make sure you save it because you'll never accidentally get all the sliders in exactly the same position ever again.

Mike

i have it set up so it comes up in the same place, i dont think evey picture will ever need the same setting though, everyone is different in some way or form.

i have it set up so it comes up in the same place
Not sure what you mean by 'the same place'
i dont think evey picture will ever need the same setting though
Correct. But what I've found is that most (if not all) of my sunsets look about right with these settings, so I have the settings saved as 'sunset'. I have another setting called 'silhouette' which I use when there is strong light behind a subject like a building which would normally be underexposed, and so on. This saves a lot of time getting in the ball-park before tweaking the sliders a bit for each image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back