HDR?

You take a few different exposures with different EV values (or different apertures works also i believe) of the same scene, then combining them in photoshop to get the best elements of each picture. This make for a really dramatic effect. What you can do is be able have a dark shadow be in full detail, while the sky and sun wont be blown out.

Wiki search HDR, i think it has a good article.

... values (or different apertures works also i believe) of the same scene,

Eeek! na you dont want to do that or it will change the depth of field!
But yes its all about using different exposures to combine to one image, there are a gazillion threads here about HDR, so the search tool is your friend.

Also this sticky.

Sorry, something about that seemed wrong when i wrote that.

What software does everyone use for HDR, i have yet to try it but only have elements and gimp.

I use photoshop CS2

your best bet is probably Photomatix. You can download a free trial which water marks your images, but you can see how it would work for you.

I use photomatix... I have the pro version, so, no watermarks for me.. its so easy to use... click a button, select the images press generate, BOOM your done (well, you have the option to change settings to make it look better)

but photomatix is great

What software does everyone use for HDR, i have yet to try it but only have elements and gimp.

After I google it, I found this site. It list about 13 software (Windows based) that can do the job. Price for the software, according to the site, is from "FREE" to $699. hum .. maybe I can give it a try and see :)

Thanks everyone. I have been searching so much stuff lately I should have searched HDR.

Thanks again... that was an easy concept.

Most reactions

Back