HDR?

ArkansasBandit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so I have been into this for about 4-5 months now and I have no idea what HDR is that I see everyone talking about on here..PLEASE explaine

Basically, your camera can only record a limited range of brightness. Like if you're inside a house and you have windows open and you use a slow shutter speed to correctly expose the inside, but the windows look bright white. Then, if you use a fast shutter speed to expose outside the windows properly, the inside is underexposed.

HDR is a technique to digitally merge the two (or more) shots together to create a High Dynamic Range - from very dark to very bright all combined into one image.

Wikipedia has more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging .

Just thought I'd point out that there are plenty of people not using HDR techniques... 4-5 months without trying it is nothing to panic about :)

I was wondering too. I came to this part of the forum to ask.. but you beat me to it! Thanks for the vid link :D

Just thought I'd point out that there are plenty of people not using HDR techniques... 4-5 months without trying it is nothing to panic about :)

Dont succum to peer pressure, you dont have to use HDR, but it can help add some piz-am to your pictures if the lighting is very different (and indoor shot that includes a window with bright sunlight for example; chances are your room is expose and the window is over exposed: HDR fixes that)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back