He Talks to Angels

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by j-digg, Jun 15, 2009.

1. j-digg

j-digg TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    This is a friend of mine that is blowing up in the rock/pop, blues scene in MN, I've posted a couple of my pics of him awhile ago, but I figured I'd post this one as it has been getting a lot of hype from his fans lately mainly because of what appears to be in the pic with him. I was trying to give this picture an old school look, similar to images youd see of The Who or something with the motion blur, noise, vignette etc. No one really liked the PP so I almost deleted it when my mother ( the bands publicist ) stopped me on it and freaked out a bit, haha, she noticed what appeared to her as an angel (formed by the lights) in the top right corner giving a "number 1" finger gesture. It looks alittle more solid in the other version of the picture which is lightened up a bit, but this is the only one I have on my laptop at the moment. She sent it into Womens World magazine, or something like that, that features an angels section and apparently it might make it into the mag, which is pretty cool. Anyhow, just thought I'd share it with yallz. CC always welcome. t00tles

[​IMG]

2. artoledo

artoledo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice Shot!

3. c0ps

c0ps TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The composition, the noise, the focus, the underexposure, the motion blur, all turns me away from this shot, but yet not a bad pic.

4. UUilliam

UUilliam TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i like the fact it has noise
    it adds that vintage look

5. j-digg

j-digg TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    LoL c0ps, this is why I ended up using the other one ;). I'll try to get it on here later tonite. I also am not particularly turned on by the composition either :confused:.

6. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Pretty neat. I know club shots are tough, but I think there's a lot of mood to this one that makes it very interesting. I want to balk at it because of the very central framing, but there's so much going on that seems to want him smack dab in the middle... the lights, the drums, everything...

Very neat.