Head Shot 24/6

Bobman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
DSCF4625.jpg

for such a staged photo I would have prefererd the subject to look up more. There is something disturbingly submissive about this compositoin. The coloring and lighting was done very well and the contrast is also excellent.

The photo qualities are done quite well, just a different pose would have made a extreme difference.

Hard lighting has introduced an unacceptable highlight on the nose. Diffused lighting would have been very impressive. Hard lighting and side lighting rarely ever works with a complexion. If there is the least flaw in a complexion, side lighting and hard lighting will find it. I really really miss the catchlights. without them, the eyes look like dark empty pools.

I cannot determine for myself how you frequently lose the catchlights in the eyes. Catchlights are an absolute must in any portrait and I would have thought that post edit would have been required to exclude them. But since all professional portrait photography is edited, it wouldn't be wrong to edit in the catch lights, smooth the complexion and tone down blownout highlights.

You have good purist-type photography here which is about as good as it's going to get without editing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back