KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In a couple of weeks I'll be riding a series of Amtrak trains over 6 days.
I'll be shooting video both on and off the train at various train stations along the way we stop at for smoke/stretch stops.
I have a 14 hour layover in LA between 2 trains, so I'll be shooting video at LA Union Station too, used for many movies - Blade Runner, Catch Me If You Can, Pearl Harbor, and more.

I've already been working on maps, and other graphics I will add when I put it all together as time permits when I get back from the trip.
Here are some samples of maps and graphics.

Last edited:
Wow looking forward to seeing this.

In Flagstaff try to walk a hundred yards east to see the original train station, it's usually a 15 to 20 minute stop depending on how far behind it's running. Should be about 0400.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

4:31 AM is the scheduled arrival time for the eastbound Southwest Chief.
I'll be going westbound (Galesburg, IL to LA) and on-time the arrival time is 8:51 PM - 10:51 PM CDST, my home time zone - and I'll likely be asleep when we get to Flagstaff.
Actually I'm hoping the train will be 2.5 or more hours late because I would really like it to be daytime when we go over Cajon Pass in the morning.

If on-time in either direction the scheduled stop time is only 6 minutes.
To be a 15 to 20 minute stop the train has to be early.

It's OK for the Amtrak train to be early arriving, but the train cannot leave early (but can leave late) so passengers wanting to board the train can believe the scheduled departure time.

An on-time train often arrives at stops early because of padding in the schedule.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back