Head to head test shots CP8800 vs DX7590

trtjazz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just got the Nikon CP8800 I ordered charged it up got out my Kodak DX7590 and took these head to head test pics.

Both cameras were set on rock&roll, the Nikon@ 8mp The Kodak at 5mp, Fine setting for image quality on both. I let the cameras do their respective things and snapped the shots.

The only thing I did in photoshop was collage together and down size the entire image for the web.

Here are the results: In both photos, the Nikon is on the right.

What do you think, is the 8800 worth 2x's the price?

I too have a kodak dx7590 .. you are the only other person I have seem to have found that has one too.. any tips?? anything you can share with me? and does yours make that annoying clicking noise when ever you walk with it on? i thought maybe it was from the image rotating senser.. but now I am thinking something else? just wondering thanks.. -nina

The biggest difference seems to be the in-camera brightness & contrast settings. The extra mega pixels will be useful when making bigger prints, but not all that important for web viewing.

I don't know if the 8800 is worth 2x that of the other camera but I'd say that for a little more, you could get a DSLR that would be 5 or 10 times better than either of those...IMO.

I'm with Big Mike... I also thought about Kodak here but then I decided to collect cash for Nikon's DSLR... and I'm still collecting.. but I think that the better lens you have the better shots are... so Kodak doesn't fit here anylonger. What's more I'm sure you will not printposters of A0 size so the amount of pixels is not the most important...

Most reactions

Back