Headed to Australia, looking for photo tips

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just booked my tickets for a 21 day Australia trip in March 2010.
We will be heading to Adelaide, Great Barrier Reef, Ayer's Rock area and Sydney.

I'm looking for tips of where to take pictures. I know there will be plenty of opportunities to do some awesome photography, as this is not a photography trip (going with another couple, all non photographers), are there are places that are must sees? Special vantage points in Sydney to take photos of the harbour / Opera House?

I plan on scoping out Sydney my first few days there to find some interesting places to do some night photography and then returning later during our stay. But any heads up is appreciated.

Any tips are greatly welcome!

Watchout for the spiders!!!!

lol

Last edited by a moderator:
did the whole east coast, cairns to melbourne last year, lots of pic places in fact too many to mention but it was my daughters trip really so concentrated on snaps for her. she didn't want to go outback so missed the rock but you need to be there at the dawn/dusk times for best shots. 21 days is, like the states, too short a time for this vast country, we were two months of beach patrol and the GBR, still insufficient, the best for me was the diving, but like a twit I didn't hire an UW camera, wish I had, it was amazing. Post a FAO for Garbs, in general section, hes in Brisbane and should be able to point you in the right directions. H

Many thanks Harry. I'll definatly make sure I have an UW cam with me.

I would need years in a place to fully visit. So we targetted the "must sees" that the 4 of us wanted and based the trip off of that. We do have an early morning, up 1.5 hours before sunrise trek near the Rock set in the Outback. :)

Every place you dive the reef will hire these cams out reasonably priced, don't carry extra weight or buy one, its not worth it unless you do a lot of diving. H

Most reactions

Back