Heart of the Canadian Rockies.

teneighty23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
did a trip last weekend to Wilcox pass right across the valley from the Columbia Icefield, beautiful wide open meadow, great place for rock rollin!!

#1 Mt. Andromeda from a creek along the meadows
IMG_5413.jpg

#2 Walking up said creek.
IMG_5429.jpg

IMG_5431.jpg

#4 Summit of Mt. Wilcox (climbing gear necissary)
00510008.jpg

#5 Mountaintop meal.
IMG_5486.jpg

#6 great lookout over Athabasca Glacier.
IMG_5444.jpg

I love the composition of #3, although if this had been mine I would've tried chopping maybe the top 5% for balance –just personal taste, of course. I think the subject is interesting and the lines are positioned very strategically. I also think this one could use just a bit more pop, but being a post-processing zero I'm not sure what to suggest. All the nitpicking aside, it's a very cool image.

So sad to see so little ice.
get over the ridge and there is a massive snowstorm, the clouds were almost black in the morning, and it was 3 degrees in the valley, columbia is a 350 square km icefield i think? but small compared to the coast mountains. even so, they are retreating!

I love the composition of #3, although if this had been mine I would've tried chopping maybe the top 5% for balance –just personal taste, of course. I think the subject is interesting and the lines are positioned very strategically. I also think this one could use just a bit more pop, but being a post-processing zero I'm not sure what to suggest. All the nitpicking aside, it's a very cool image.

thanks! ya i agree with the top of the pic now that i see it, the first 3 pics actually are un edited too, i did bracket, but thats not cheating :D i used a grey gradient filter on them to make a natural HDR kinda thing, brighten up the lit areas and darken the sky, worked better than I anticipated.

your so lucky you get to have that view! wow! just some cc
#1 needs a little contrast and sharpness, i really don't know what is your focus subject here, i found my eyes roaming aroung the image.
#5 is a cool shot, love the composition here.:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back