Heartpatrick Portraits - The Good Brother

heartpatrick

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.heartpatrick.com
Hi All,

With the seventh month the lunar calendar now upon us, here's a conceptual shoot done to play along the lines of our longing for the loved ones who left us behind.

Pic 1:
01.jpg

Pic 2:
02.jpg

Pic 3:
03.jpg

Pic 4:
04.jpg

Pic 5:
05.jpg

Pic 6:
06.jpg

Pic 7:
07.jpg

Pic 8:
08.jpg

The full album is available here:
Heartpatrick People 108 - James Wong in Brother ???

Thanks all.

Heartpatrick
Heartpatrick: Design, Travel, Photography

Nice!! I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with your culture to fully understand the underlying concept, but as a series, I really like these.

I also really like these. They have an erie feel to them and are very thought provoking. One critique: In the picture inside the Starbucks, I don't see his umbrella. It would be cool to have the umbrella folded either on the bar or at his feet. I see something at his feet that might be the umbrella, but I'm just not sure.

As a series, these are fantastic in my opinion.

I also really like these. They have an erie feel to them and are very thought provoking. One critique: In the picture inside the Starbucks, I don't see his umbrella. It would be cool to have the umbrella folded either on the bar or at his feet. I see something at his feet that might be the umbrella, but I'm just not sure.

^^That!!^^

Love them! But I agree about the starbucks image. I searched a while to see where the umbrella was.

enjoyed looking

thanks all for the feedback. :)

Nice!! I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with your culture to fully understand the underlying concept, but as a series, I really like these.

for the chinese, the seventh lunar month of the year is the time when the hell gate opens, allowing souls of the dead to return to earth. Kinda like halloween but in a more solemn way? haha. This is the time when you'll see many of us setting up offerings on the streets for the departed loved ones who may have returned.

The idea of the umbrella is to use the empty space below it to represent our longing for these departed loved ones, those we once held out an umbrella to, to shield them from the sun and rain.

goot catch, i never thought of placing the umbrella in that shot too to make the series consistent. will take note! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back