Heavy editing:| A different perspective.

rangerman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Post processing with heavy editing is sometimes similar to computer games, we just never want to stop.

Here is a recent work sample.
All comments welcome.

4767184498_4f967c6581_b.jpg

i don't care for heavy editing, as i think it takes away from the original skill of photography, however i do know there is a time/place for it... depending on what you're trying to achieve....

your images look interesting. almost story-book as if there should be a fictional story to go along with them.

p.s. i LOVE images of old stranded boats.

The first one is a bit "blah" to me. A lot of pixel destruction going on making for uninteresting and impossible colors.

The second one there is a lot less damage, however I still think you pulled the style off. Personally I love photos that have a lot of editing done, however often times people don't know how to do it right. The second one in your case works because you haven't damaged important parts of the photo, just minor shadows and highlights.

Good job!

ePhoto converted to look like a painting. Some samples.
4547324628_42ab1ea078_o.jpg

the boat scene looks totally fake. there's no way the sky would be that dark and the clouds that light and the ground be light in that perfect a band. look at little things like that white object on the right side being lit completely differently lighting from what's around it for how easy it is to tell

the bike scene is better.

the third one feels like a drawing, not a photo.

the last one is obvious it's not meant to be real. it feels flat. there's a subject in the middle but the extreme slat draws me towards and out of the bottom of the photo, not towards the top. a tight crop on the plaza might work better

Most reactions

New Topics

Back