Heavy Summer Rain

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday we had some pop up storms from the humidity, I grabbed the camera and went to the only window that wasn't streaming with water which luckily faced the path to the pond and played with slower shutter speeds to enhance the rain.
Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

IMG_6445bw-1 by Judi, on Flickr

I quite like it. The black and white seems to fit the mood rather well.
Thanks Amocholes :). The colour is nice too but to really enhance the rain I think this works best :)

I like the mood and composition and vignette. Reminds me when I was a kid up in the mountains during the summer. Looking out of the window hoping the rain would stop so I could go fishing but still enjoying the peacefulness of the view and the sound of the rain. I can hear it in your picture.

Alan Klein totally nailed it all with his comment. Nice photo, Judi.

Thanks Raj :)
Alan, I LOVE that this sends you to a great place :). Thanks for your thoughts!

This is very nice, but you mentioned a colour version, so I'd like to see it if I may.

Thanks Baturn, I'm on mobile and linking the image is a pain so I'll post it later when I'm on the computer. In the meantime if you'd like to check it out its on Flickr . I was pondering it after some of the feedback on this one, about the vignette, and I think it needs one, the current lens falloff isn't enough and I think it will help lead you into the image...

As I wrote elsewhere...
"This is a lovely portrayal of a summer rain shower. The old net-wire fence and mix of wooden posts and steel fenceposts totally smacks of the dilapidation/spanning of eras that gives this an authentic, Romantic (1830's Romantic, capital R) feel of an OLD fenced-off patch that has been that way for many, many years. Love the substantial vignette as well."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back