Hedgecoe Creative Light Project 1 - White Calla Lilly

I'm assuming both shots are a take on "circle shapes" that Hedgecoe discussed. In the first the viens in the flower contribute the diagonals which I think adds more intrest overall. The second accentuates the circle shape and follows along with his thoughts on simplify and fill the frame. Both are good examples, well executed of his instructions. Glad I stayed up late to read his book, now to go back, reread and practice!

Impressive, you got it sir!

What I'm unclear on is the induced motion blur at the tip? Is this something he brings up in other books, or something you added. From a personal view I'm such a realist that I find the blur a little unsettling or was that the intent?

I'm assuming both shots are a take on "circle shapes" that Hedgecoe discussed. In the first the viens in the flower contribute the diagonals which I think adds more intrest overall. The second accentuates the circle shape and follows along with his thoughts on simplify and fill the frame. Both are good examples, well executed of his instructions. Glad I stayed up late to read his book, now to go back, reread and practice!

Impressive, you got it sir!

What I'm unclear on is the induced motion blur at the tip? Is this something he brings up in other books, or something you added. From a personal view I'm such a realist that I find the blur a little unsettling or was that the intent?
He discussed oof areas in a depth of field section in one of the books and also addressed motion blur, which gave me the idea. It was an artistic experiment on my end. I am really focusing or working towards an artistic style in the end. So I am starting to implement different techniques in things I generally capture these days to use in the future. I am looking for ways to creatively approach things in the camera as opposed to software. My body of paint work was much the same approach, I started out with realism and eventually dove into abstraction.

During my college days I had some drafting courses as part of my degree requirements. Since that day I've always leaned toward realism in anything artisti, from woodworking, carving, drawing, and photography.

What has impressed me most, isn't that you saw this ... but rather that you created this. Well done young man. I love both images.
Thanks Gary

Most reactions

New Topics

Back