Hello all, few for cc

Halako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As a first thread and an introduction a few shots which from I would like some comments.. I've been shooting with 550d and 18-55 kit lens for few months and finding it very hard to obtain any sharpness on landscapes. I know it is a feature with this lens and have come to a conclusion that at least a wider aperture serves better than a narrow one. Any other hints with this? I'll be getting a new lens (most likely sigma 17-70 2.8-4 IS) but in the mean time...

4686165048_9ec49ef763.jpg

4685531243_07c67ba9fa.jpg

4686162074_497b4a8453.jpg

4660309845_c498860070.jpg

Last edited:
Got these showing at last. I was going for what you suggested but was using wrong address. Anyway, here they are.

Well I'm glad you got it to work.

Comments as you requested...

First of all... These are pretty small and I have bad eyes, so please accept my critique with a grain of salt...

It could be me... But photos 1, 3 and 4 look a bit overexposed...

#1 - I don't find it very interesting.... Maybe if you made it a bit larger and focused on a particular point... Maybe you did... but I can't see it.

#2 - Very nice dog. :) I think I'd like it more if you used a greater Depth of Field (smaller F/Stop #).

#3 - Undecided... Maybe try a different crop?

#4 - I like the idea... But maybe a little more contrast. Also, use a bit more DoF and focus on the tree/post thingy in the foreground...

Just a few thoughts...

Thanks for the comments. With #2 I was actually using biggest aperture possible, Idea was to get only the dog in focus, in which I succeeded quite nicely if I say so myself. You are right in that cropping #3 was a bit tricky. But after all #3 and #4 are mostly here to demonstrate my problems with sharpness in landscapes. #4 was shot with f/16 and #3 with f/6.3 so I think there is enough DoF in #4 but still #3 looks sharper to me. Maybe the best this lens can do. #1 is... yeah well, kinda dull, but shows that with large aperture and close range there some hope for this lens.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back