Hello All

TurboDSM91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My name is Ray, I am a film/tv major with a growing intrest in still photography. I currently am cameraless (with the exception of a point and shoot and camera phone but who counts that) I am looking for a digital DSLR with around 10 MP. So im thinks Canon XSi or D50. Looking forward to my time here.

Welcome.

Out of those 2 None.

I would get D40 since is cheap and buy a nice lens and you will be set.

well I'm worried 6.2 (i think) mp wont be good enough. and plus my sisters 200 dollar camera has 8 mp

well I'm worried 6.2 (i think) mp wont be good enough. and plus my sisters 200 dollar camera has 8 mp

MP doesnt mean anything unless your printing huge picture sizes.

A lot of people here have 12 and 10MP SLR's and I bet a lot of them dont even use the full MP of the camera. I only use half.

Also, SLR mp are stronger than P&S cameras.

Last edited:
Just curious - why do you want 10mp?

I traded up last month and bought an XSi (450d) because I wanted the ability to do large prints and posters. It's a great camera and I highly recommend it.

I traded up last month and bought an XSi (450d) because I wanted the ability to do large prints and posters. It's a great camera and I highly recommend it.

well, there are people that prints high resulotion pictures. Like 3,872 x 2,592

Yes, I know that and it is part of the reason why I purchased an XSi . The OP said he was just getting into photography, so I was asking him why he wanted a camera with at least 10mp. I should have quoted his original post in my reply.

Last edited:
Hey,

Instead of settling for a camera with lower MP (although it really doesn matter unless ur printing them out) why don u go for a used one so that u can really experiment with it without having to worry bout ruining it.

As u get better u can upgrade to a better and brand new camera.

Yes, I know that and it is part of the reason why I purchased an XSi . The OP said he was just getting into photography, so I was asking him why he wanted a camera with at least 10mp. I should have quoted his original post in my reply.

oh ok my bad, I thought u were asking me.

I want a high MP rating because i want to be able to print out pictures. I dont know how big these prints would be but i would like to have head room incase this photography thing really fits me and it becomes a job.

I know i could always upgrade but I'll admit I am so-so on change when it comes to cameras. It seems once i get comfortable using it, its time for a new one. I am looking at an XTi (used) at the moment. Both have to be shipped from great distance though and I'm kinda worried about damage during shipping.

Both have to be shipped from great distance though and I'm kinda worried about damage during shipping.

Yea just make sure that if you buy it here to ensure that the seller sends it well packaged and youll be ok.

I dont know how much is a new XTi average price but, how much are you really saving from used to new?

I want a high MP rating because i want to be able to print out pictures. I dont know how big these prints would be but i would like to have head room incase this photography thing really fits me and it becomes a job.

Mpix.com - Help

You can print large even from 6megapix camera pending at what resolution you are printing.

Both have to be shipped from great distance though and I'm kinda worried about damage during shipping.

Yea just make sure that if you buy it here to ensure that the seller sends it well packaged and youll be ok.

I dont know how much is a new XTi average price but, how much are you really saving from used to new?

Well I looked it up on amazon and new they go for like $900 and used - Like New start at $450

Most reactions

New Topics

Back