Hello all!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by DarkGT, Jan 5, 2007.

1. DarkGT

DarkGT TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey there, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mark (DarkGT is my screen name for the Mustang boards I am on) I am from sunny San Diego. I am currently shooting with a Nikon D50. I am looking to develope my style more and possibly get into portraiture or weddings or headshots etc... I am trying to make the jump from hobbyist with a decent setup to amateur with potential :)

I am really enjoying my D50 and since I completely lack any semblance of talent with Photo Shop I really have to take time and compse shots as well as I know how so that they don't need too much editing later. I am working on that aspect.

I like shooting anything, buildings, cars, some nature stuff but due to a bit of an attention span issue usually don't have the patience for it. I am starting to learn how to pose people and use lighting for portraits, seems like a long road ahead but hey everyone needs a hobby right?

I am currently going back and forth about what to buy for my first light setup. I want to buy decent stuff so that as I learn I can grow into the gear. I am looking at some of the Smith Victor stuff and would be interested to hear any input. Seems like a decent value for the price. Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

Take care!

2. Jzero

Jzero TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum. You will find all the advice you need over here from people with a great deal of experience and a willingness to share.

J

3. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi Mark, welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy this Forum.

4. danalec99

danalec99 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to TPF, Mark!