Hello Everybody

NYCs_XSI

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Roamin the Streets of NY, From The BX to LI
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
whats goin on. just figured i'd say hi. I have a Canon Rebel XSi. Im a sooper noob to taking pictures with a dslr, so i will b posting pics and all criticism and tips will be appreciated.

here are some pics i took today:

"Its My Birthday!"
263.jpg

"Messin Around"
252.jpg

"Messin Around 2 - Different Settings"
250.jpg

"Favorite of the Day"
215.jpg

"A Withering Plant"
177.jpg

Once again, any criticism or tips are appreciated, thanks.

that's a real cool spider web. i also like the leaves in your third shot. perhaps lowers your F stop to blur the background a bit more. for the composition, perhaps next time try a portrait oriented picture(vertically oriented) (for the last pic as well). or if you want to stick with the landscape oriented picture, keep the subject more to one side instead of directly centered with nothing at the edges (many people are fanatical about this point, but in some cases it's ok to center stuff, but generally this holds true and is safer). i like that your pictures are focused on one thing at a time. it shows good intent of subject. the subject will stand out even more if you can keep your backgrounds less busy (ex, the car behinde the plants, and the leaves behinde the web). if you have any editing software, play around with it. crop stuff, change your contrasts and stuff like that. you'll learn alot about what you want your pictures to look like. then when you go and shoot more you can try to shoot them more like how you edited them. did you get the camera as a present? if so, thats quite an awesome gift. use it and use it lots. ask anyone about how they do stuff when you see a picture you like here. you can learn a lot from them and get ideas too. welcome to the forum and i hope you have fun. (and if you are looking for criticism, develope a thick skin fast. it can be a bit harsh sounding sometimes but it's usually useful. even when it's wrong or just someones opinion. also, if no one is commenting on your stuff, just mention that you are looking to become a professional, or that your pictures are the best thing since velcro. that will raise some comments for sure! ha ha ha! but again, the thick skin thing.) happy shooting.

that's a real cool spider web. i also like the leaves in your third shot. perhaps lowers your F stop to blur the background a bit more. for the composition, perhaps next time try a portrait oriented picture(vertically oriented) (for the last pic as well). or if you want to stick with the landscape oriented picture, keep the subject more to one side instead of directly centered with nothing at the edges (many people are fanatical about this point, but in some cases it's ok to center stuff, but generally this holds true and is safer). i like that your pictures are focused on one thing at a time. it shows good intent of subject. the subject will stand out even more if you can keep your backgrounds less busy (ex, the car behinde the plants, and the leaves behinde the web). if you have any editing software, play around with it. crop stuff, change your contrasts and stuff like that. you'll learn alot about what you want your pictures to look like. then when you go and shoot more you can try to shoot them more like how you edited them. did you get the camera as a present? if so, thats quite an awesome gift. use it and use it lots. ask anyone about how they do stuff when you see a picture you like here. you can learn a lot from them and get ideas too. welcome to the forum and i hope you have fun. (and if you are looking for criticism, develope a thick skin fast. it can be a bit harsh sounding sometimes but it's usually useful. even when it's wrong or just someones opinion. also, if no one is commenting on your stuff, just mention that you are looking to become a professional, or that your pictures are the best thing since velcro. that will raise some comments for sure! ha ha ha! but again, the thick skin thing.) happy shooting.

lol thanks man i appreciate it. I do have photoshop, but i have no clue how to use it, im tryin to get some tutorials to see if i can do some editing.

Welcome to the Forum.

Hey whats up man! Nice to see you on the boards.....

Most reactions

Back