Hello everyone, from Columbus, Ohio

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by BlueOval, Jan 10, 2010.

1. BlueOval

BlueOval TPF Noob!

Jan 10, 2010
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello. My name is Greg. I have enjoyed "photography" for quite some time- but have seen it in 2D. I bought my son a Polaroid 2.0 MP digital camera about 8 years or so ago, and he never really took to it. I ended up using it, but it didn't take long to get disgusted with the resolution. I wanted to get a camera decent enough to take some pics for a website, and opted for a HP M417, at 5.2 MP.

It's now a few years later, and I have been wanting something a little more versatile...something I could "grow into". I ended up getting a Canon Rebel XSi (450D) with the kit lens.

I have experimented with it a few times, taking pictures of things inside, as there is a good 9" of snow on the ground. It is also way too cold- for me, not the camera, to go outside. I am anxiously awaiting Spring.

I have a car oriented website with a lot of pictures, but this is not a shameful plug for it. The pictures could all be picked to pieces with negative comments, as they were took just to post. After you notice trees "growing" out of the trunk, signs in the way, etc., you want to get better. Thats why I am here.

I look forward to interacting with other photographers, enthusiasts, hobbyists, etc..