Hello everyone, I'm new.

Brian L

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
brianlinephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone.... I am new to photography. Let me tell you what my first camra is. I bought a Fuji Film Finepix s700 7mp 10x opitical zoom with a 1gb standard sd card not a ultra fast 2 version yet which will be on of my questions. I also have a targus 50" tripod for steady shots

Im just starting out in photography and having a blast. I have taken a lot of fall pictures here in michigan at parks and leaning how to use the proper mode for taking pictures like sunset mode night mode ext.. I have been taking courses online bout all different things and learning a lot. I'm now starting to get into the manual mode of the camra and doing my own setups for pics. However still use a lot of the mode settings of the camra to snap those really good looking pics.

I would like to know if I should upgraded to the ultra 2 fast write sd?
What you guys and gals think of my camra?
And any info besides just go out and take pics...lol such as maybe some tips that people have used or photography sites I can get more info.

Thanks guys and gals for the info.

A warm welcome to both of you :)

I would like to know if I should upgraded to the ultra 2 fast write sd?
What you guys and gals think of my camra?

well, if your current card dos not appear too slow for you, then you won't need anything faster! simple as that ;) If your "standard" sd card is not a known brand, then I would maybe consider to go for a new sd card, which might be more robust.

as for the camera, I do not know enough about that market segment, so I should not comment.

Enjoy photography :)

Hey - welcome to the forum :)

I doubt you will need a faster card. Usually you only need a very fast card if you do a lot of continuous shooting and you have a camera that does very fast shooting like the Canon 1D.

Your camera looks OK. I used to have one of those SLR-like compacts too and found them to be quite good. dpreview gave it a 4/5 which isn't bad.

The only thing you may find annoying about it in future is the electronic viewfinder doesn't update quick enough. Not as good as a proper optical TTL viewfinder.

Happy snapping.

Thanks guys for all the info. I am using a Sandisk 1gb. Sorry I should have mentioned that in the first post....lol I am glad someone else had a slr like camra as well and warned me on view finder being slow. However I noticed that on my camra it only lags in low light. Besides that its a 30fps on the lcd. Any other info would be great. Thanks for all the welcomes as well.

Most reactions

Back