Hello Everyone...

Mocha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been lurking for quite some time and decided that I might as well join and post now that I got my new camera :) I am so excited I have been waiting for a year to get it and the day finally arrived yesterday. It almost didn't happen as bestbuy was completely sold out on the Canon XTi. My husband suggested that we check costco out. I am so glad that we did! They have a really good deal going on right now.

Canon XTi
EF S18-55 lens
EFS 75-300mm
extra battery
1G memory card
UV Haze Filter
Canon camera bag

I hope I typed the lens types right. I have mostly been point and shoot and am really excited to learn about having more control of the pictures that I take. I look forward to getting to know you all better! :)

welcome fellow Canon user.

I recommend the book Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. This book will help you learn and understand how to do a correct exposure with an slr system. It will also explain aperture, shutter speed, and how to meter (if you don't already know that).

good luck and have fun!!

welcome! we can't wait to see some photos and have you in the community!

Also maybe look into a magic lantern guide to get the best out of your camera

Thanks for the help guys. I'll make sure I pick those up. Every little bit of information helps :)

Welcome! My entry Camera was (and is ) the XTI as well. It is an excellent camera, and while it lacks a few things, I'm sure you're gonna love it.

If I may advise - keep an eye out for cheap compact flash cards - you'll probably need more than 1 gig, especially if you start shooting raw.

Have fun, look forward to seeing your stuff!

Hi, welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back