Hello from a beginner

dizzymizzy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello! I've been viewing the forums for about a week now. I am new to photography, buying my first SLR: Canon EOS Rebel Gii 35mm. I am so new, in fact, that I haven't developed my first roll yet. I am anxious to learn how to use this thing and to take great pictures. People have always told me to get a SLR because they say I take amazing pictures with a point-and-shoot. So here I am.

I hope that, during the course of my tenure here, I can receive some constructive criticism for film techniques and shot composition. I will try to do the same. I've been impressed with the lack of flaming on this forum and its overall courtesy.

At any rate, to conclude my awkwardly cheesy introduction, I just wanted to introduce myself to you all.

:wink:

Best,
Dizz

Hello! I've been viewing the forums for about a week now. I am new to photography, buying my first SLR: Canon EOS Rebel Gii 35mm. I am so new, in fact, that I haven't developed my first roll yet. I am anxious to learn how to use this thing and to take great pictures. People have always told me to get a SLR because they say I take amazing pictures with a point-and-shoot. So here I am.

I hope that, during the course of my tenure here, I can receive some constructive criticism for film techniques and shot composition. I will try to do the same. I've been impressed with the lack of flaming on this forum and its overall courtesy.

At any rate, to conclude my awkwardly cheesy introduction, I just wanted to introduce myself to you all.

:wink:

Best,
Dizz

Constructive criticism? You're kidding, right?

I think you are going to like your Canon! SLRS are nice with all their manual settings. What type of lens does it have? The nice thing about Canons is the wide selection of lenses you can buy for them.

I have an old 35 mm Canon AE-1 Program that I really like.

Hi. It is an old 35mm camera, essentially the 3000n / the Rebel XSn.

Find more here:

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...categoryid=138&modelid=8771#ModelTechSpecsAct

or here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_EOS

Thanks, dizzy, that's an interesting cam. The specs list all the mod cons, it seems. Looks like it will enable you to apply quite a number of techniques, and deepen your understanding of the inter-relationships of all the aspects involved.
What lens(es) have you got for it?

Welcome to the forum. There are quite a few of us here who still use film.

Hi Dizz,
what is a 'Canon EOS Rebel Gii 35mm' SLR? I can't find it in this list of Canon cameras. Have you got images of it? Specs? Links? Would be interesting to know more about.

I like your sense of humour. There was a recent thread about it here: link.

Best,
Helen

Welcome to the forum. There are quite a few of us here who still use film.

I like your sense of humour. There was a recent thread about it here: link.

Best,
Helen

:thumbup: :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back