Hello from a new member - a few sample pictures

timdunlop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have just joined this site today and would like to say a quick hello to all of the members.
I have been interested in photography for about 3 years now. Many of my pictures were taken with my first camera which was a Canon EOS300V Film SLR camera. I have recently bought my first Digital SLR, I chose an Olympus E500 and so far I am really happy with it. I bought the camera via e-bay from an American seller and saved my self about £250.00 in the process.
Most of my photographs are car related. I enjoy taking pictures at car shows and regularly attend many motorsport events where I take lots of pictures.
Heres an example of some of the first shots I took with my new Olympus.

P5180100b.jpg

P5200175c.jpg

P5180155a.jpg

Any comments or criticisms are more than welcome.

Regards

Tim

I would love you long time if you had a full shot of the F40... That car is a work of art...esspecially from the back.

Great shots!

nice pics, cant wait till lemans gets around my house

RoRoCo said:
I would love you long time if you had a full shot of the F40... That car is a work of art...esspecially from the back.

Great shots!

Hi there,

I like you love the Ferrari F40, it is a superb car and I really enjoy photographing it.

You might like these then: -

P5200171.jpg

P5200174.jpg

The two shots above were taken a couple of weeks ago at the Brooklands museum here in the UK.

PIC_0009b.jpg

This shot was taken about 6 months ago with my Canon film SLR and then scanned into Photoshop CS. I then played around with the image to remove the colour from the background. It's one of my favourite pictures.

Regards

Tim

MightyLeeMoon said:
Excellent Action Shots!

Pardon the questions, but I'm fairly new and try to get a tip here and there...

Do you pan on a tripod?

What speed did you use?

Great shots!

Hi there,

No I don't use a tripod when I pan as it is quite difficult to get the correct axis of motion. I have used a monopod before but seem to have the same problem. I just rely on a steady panning motion and a few attempts. It helps if you know the track you are photographing as you get to know where the cars are going to be postioned out on the circuit.

As for the speeds, the shot of the Aston Martin (top one) was taken at 1/160 whereas the one of the Porsche (bottom one) was 1/100.

Regards

Tim

I was gonna show off by saying i recognised the Brooklands building in the reflection of the F40 wing. But you spoiled it by saying that you visited there!!!

Was that at the Auto Italia day last month?? I went a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

Good shots by the way, the panning is really good.

Hi there,

The event at Brooklands was the Lamborghini Supercar Celebration, this was held on the 20th May. Approx 120 Lamborghinis and some other great cars turned up and drove from Brooklands down to Brighton. They spent the night in Brighton and then drove onto Eastbourne the next day.
I only managed to make it to Brooklands as I had other plans for the weekend, I still managed to take over 400 photos though.

Heres a photo of another superb car - A Pagani Zonda F, probably the only one in the UK at the moment.

76120264583635.jpg

There is an Auto Italia day at Stanford Hall nr Lutterworth this Sunday. I will be there and will post some photos of the event next week.

Regards

Tim

PlasticSpanner said:
Hoping not to sound like an anorak but where the track shots taken at Donnington Park?

There can't be that many circuits with stone arched bridges! :lol:

Hi there,

Yes it was taken at Donington Park which is my local circuit. I took the shots about 2 weeks ago on an open test day (free admission and no crowds - perfect).

Regards

Tim

timdunlop said:
Hi there,

I like you love the Ferrari F40, it is a superb car and I really enjoy photographing it.

You might like these then: -

P5200171.jpg

Now this I like, well the Harrier in the background :sexywink:

Love the panning shots as well

nice panning shots... i especially like the 3rd one you posted (1/100) that's a beauty of a shot! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back