Hello From California!

xLastShotx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everybody! I was looking for a good photography forum and this is were I ended up!
I just purchased my first DSLR today, I have always loved taking pictures ever since I was young but I only had lower quality cameras then.

I bought a Sony A200 kit that came with a 18-70mm f4.5-5.6 lens and a 70-300mm f4.5-5.6.
I also stopped buy a garage sale today and found a couple of lenses from an older minolta all in perfect condition. I got a Minolta Maxxum AF Zoom 70-210mm f1.4 lens with Macro function, a Minolta Maxxum AF Zoom 35-70mm f1.4 lens
with Macro function, and a Minolta Maxxum AF 50mm f1.7.. The lady wanted 60 dollars for all three so I grabbed them. From what I understand they are pretty good lenses?

Here are a couple of my favorite picture that I have taken over the years with the lower quality cameras:

l_921fda503c28e710216551467b27413e.jpg

l_78d71409e39e033c7b605917f22840a5.jpg

Well I know I have a lot to learn and I hope to be around these forums for awhile! :D

Hows California this time of year?
Here is Missouri were "enjoying" 10 degrees with snow :)
Also a little C&C i like the colors of the rocks below the light house
maybe a crop to take the light house out of the middle would be nice just an idea.

My part of Southern California is actually pretty cold rite now, it was poring rain yesterday and today, and it has been below 45F for the passed week... but 10F is crazy cold :p

Oh I see, I will give that a try.

I love the coloring in both of the shots, very natural. The first is especially interesting, is it a fish tank? Is it your fish tank?

I agree that the composition in the second could add a little more to the photo, I am imagining an expanse of sea to the right of the lighthouse that could add a lot to the pic without taking the focus off of the lighthouse.

I'm also new to DSLR and bought my Canon 50D a few weeks ago, but haven't had much time to play with it yet, being a grad student. I was hoping to insert some of my own pics from my point and shoot, but I'm apparently a moron and can't figure out how to do it (1:15 is late for me. I tried inserting a picasa http into the 'insert image' option, but to no avail)...so I'm going to go to sleep. I'll figure out the pic posting some other day.

Welcome aboard!

Most reactions

Back