Hello from Chicago

paullylama

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone. I live in Chicago and have always had a point and shoot. I just bought my first DSLR 1 week ago and can’t believe how excited I am to learn about photography and how to do it well. I don’t think I have read this much since I was in school. I have a Canon Rebel t2i with the EFS 18-55 mm lens and the EF 70-300 mm f 4-5.6 IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens. I have been taking pictures all over. I would like to ask my first question of this forum, and please tell me if I should post this somewhere else. I was at work photographing a sunset. I was really trying to get the highlights around the edge of the clods to stand out. I was originally in Av mode @ about f30. I bracketed my exposure. Unfortunately, the photographs that really showed the details in the clouds were the ones that were slightly underexposed. I tried in Tv move and used longer exposures with the same result. Any hints on how to get a properly exposed cloud with highlights with the proper exposure.

Hello, and welcome

You've asked your question in a subforum ('welcomes and introductions') that doesn't get as much traffic as, for example, the beginner's subforum, or 'beyond the basics' subforum. Try asking there, and possibly including the photos, and I'm sure you'll get some answers!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back