Hello from Chicago

skates94

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all..... new to the website and looking forward to being here.

I own a Canon Rebel 35mm but bought it just before digital took off so it sit's in the case because we use our Sony Digital point and shoot. I'm new to SLR photography and looking to get a Nikon D80 within the next month. I have a couple friends to take me under their wings and teach me the ropes and I'm excited about that. Over the past year I have taken between 1200-1400 photos (most of the little ones) but I'm looking forward to getting some nice scenery shots and more.

I'm impressed with this site and think it will provide loads of information for a newbie. thanks

Welcome to the fold. Loads of really great brains to pick around here..
Don't throw out the rebel (EOS 300 V). you won't get anything for it, and it is a good little camera. Works really well with FUJI velvia, and I am about to try Kodak HSI (Infra red) in mine to see if I can finally throw my X-700s out.....

Whatch this space...

As the self-appointed Chicago cheerleader of the forum, I bid you welcome. (Even though you're in the burbs) :) I've found the forum to be fantastic not only from a learning techniques standpoint (and drooling over some of the amazing work here) but also from a social standpoint.
Hopefully you'll get some pictures up that will help show all the sorry people who don't live here, what they're missing. :p

Enjoy!

Most reactions

Back