Hello from Florida!

Ratman667

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ratmansreptiles.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been lurking here for the past few days and decided I would join today. I have been reading back on some older posts and most of the questions I had were already answered, so maybe I won't pester you guys too much with basic questions.

I guess I should tell you a bit about myself?

First off my name is Rusty, I currently live in Atlantic Beach, FL and I am addicted too... Oh wait, wrong forum.:p

Since I don't like the term, "noob", we will call me a very amateur photographer.

Most of my photography is done in a soft box with leopard geckos as a subject. I have been playing around with lighting since February and have found what I feel is a good balance. Normally, all I have to edit is the background.

Sample:
DSC_0437.jpg

Sample 2:
DSC_0540.jpg

Nikon D3000 - 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G lens using the camera's "Macro" setting.

I have started to venture outside with my camera lately. Lets just say that the outcome was less than desirable. I have been using the same lens as above in combination with a CPL and UV filter. Most of the photos come out "hazy" or appear over exposed. I am slowly learning the manual settings of the camera.

Anyways, to wrap this up thank you to whoever created this forum and a bigger thank you to all of the knowledgeable people who are gracious enough to share with amateurs like me.

Hello and Welcome to the forum Rusty :) Very nice introduction and nice photos too :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back