Hello from Florida

Thwarp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Howdy from the deep south. Specifically east central Florida, just south cape Canaveral.
We have two seasons here, green and brown, nothing in between.
I consider myself a noob with a very good eye though. I made the jump to DSLR about 5 years ago when DSLR technology became light years better. Up until then there was gap when I just stopped shooting with film (Minolta Maxum). I have been spoiled by both old film and DSLR P mode. Nothing wrong with it but there's room now for steeper learning curve since with DSLR's you're not wasting film with trial and error.

Now I'm lost with the dozens of ways to effectively take stunning photos. Enter the D5100 (I'll upgrade eventually. Maybe d7500. But for now this camera takes super crisp photos with the 18-140 and the 70-300mm. Seems like a good camera to learn more and expand with. I've had friends ask me where I learned to shoot. My opinion is that it's 90% good eye and 10% camera. Let's face it anyone can take a picture of a rock with a $3,500 camera, but it takes an eye to make the rock tell the story and make the story interesting.

I like taking photos on the first attempt with no further need of post production influence. But sometimes it's necessary. I'm most interested in wild and domesticated critters, people when they're unaware of me (you get the best out em that way) and BW. But I recently excelled in sport/acti onphotography when I took some incredible shots when I was back home in Cheyenne at the Frontier Days rodeo.

Still trying to figure out what to do with my great shots though. Show em off (boring) print em up per request or just for keepsakes. With a lack of purpose the hobby can be boring and yet I still persist.

I came to the forums looking to improve my skills and knowledge base.

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back