Hello from Florida

marinaw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, everyone.

I just discovered this forum and I'm looking forward to sharing information and learning more about photography.

I am a graphic designer who moved to the east coast nearly two years ago after spending my entire life on the west coast. Took awhile to get used to seeing the sun RISE over the ocean. :)

I have done photoshoots for work occassionally over the past few years, as well as taking photos for my own enjoyment. I was using a point and shoot (a very nice one), but was wanting to upgrade to a DSLR. Unfortunately, I couldn't really justify the expense when I had a functional camera. However, my camera was plugged into an outlet recharging when nature intervened on my behalf one day. My camera (and a number of other things) got fried by an unexpected lightning strike.

I purchased a Nikon D80 as a replacement, and I'm enjoying it very much. I've learned so much in the past few months. I've also learned I have a LOT more to learn!

Looking forward to spending some time with you all.

Regards,

Marina

Welcome to TPF! Where in Florida are you? It's nice to see some more SouthEast people on here! :)

Welcome to TPF! Where in Florida are you? It's nice to see some more SouthEast people on here! :)

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm a little north of Daytona Beach. I really like Florida, and I love how you can walk for miles along the beaches around here.

Where abouts are you?

Regards,

Marina

I am just south of you, down in the Merrit Island area. I would say probably about an hour or less south. I orginally grew up in West Palm Beach. I love Florida, besides overseas, its the only place I would live!

Hi Marina, welcome aboard.

Thanks for the welcome, Mitica100. I'm enjoying my time here so far, and have already starting learning.

lifeafter2am, I'm hoping to get down your way again some time in the not too distant future. It's a beautiful area.

Most reactions

Back