abhiabhi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Everyone,

I am Abhi from Mumbai, India.

I got my new Nikon D40 last week, and I know nothing of photography:(:(

I went through some random posts in the forum and realized that this world is completely different from where I live. For e.g I don't understand what when you guys talk about a lens with f/2.5 and exposures for x seconds, and the lens configuration etc..

I am very keen on learning advanced photography and I would also want all of you to suggest me how do I learn more of not only photography but also the technical terms involved with a camera, lens, lights, etc etc.

I would really appreciate if you would spare a couple of minutes to help me become a better photographer.

Thanks in advance,
Abhi

Hi Abhi, and welcome to the forum.

Reading lots of books on photography is a great start. And feel free to ask questions on the forum. (You'll need to be a little more specific than 'help me become a better photographer', though :D ) I know one book that is often recommended reading is Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson, but it is by no means the only or even the best one.

Welcome :)

Do not worry, most on here started like you at some point :)

How to learn about it really depends on if you are more an artist, or more an engineer type person. If you want to understand the physics first, and then bother about aspects such as composition of an image, or the other way round.

Hi Everyone,

I am Abhi from Mumbai, India.

India is A-mA-zing! Absolutely beautiful. (I have a lot of my pictures that were taken while I was in India.)

Just thought I'd tell you that your country is amazing and the food is even more so!! Yum. I loved it! . :D Don't know if you care or not! HA!

Anyway, welcome!!

Hi Ab, welcome aboard.

India is A-mA-zing! Absolutely beautiful. (I have a lot of my pictures that were taken while I was in India.)

Just thought I'd tell you that your country is amazing and the food is even more so!! Yum. I loved it! . :D Don't know if you care or not! HA!

Anyway, welcome!!

I know India is beautiful.. and thankfully I have a good camera to capture its beauty now!!

Anyways.... Thanks for the warm welcome:sexywink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back