Hello from Israel (veteran of film, new to digital)

ShmuelGoldstein

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there,

Been in photography for a long time now (20+) years as a serious amateur. Portraits, mainly. But I've been occupied with other stuff recently, and I'm only now fully making the transition from film to digital.

Does anyone know of a good resource (ie, book) that shows some of the differences (+physics) between digital and film? For instance, we have grain, film sensitivity, gamma, reciprocity failure, print vs. slide, pushing, pulling, and on and on with film, but I would like to learn the equivalent with digital.

See ya!

Shmuel Goldstein :D

Shalom!

Unfortunately I can't answer your question..I just wanted to welcome you to the site. I'm sure you will find all the answers you are looking for in this forum.

What part of Israel are you from? I was there for 2 months for work (turned into more of a vacation) at the beginning of the year. I had a chance to see a lot of beautiful things and share in your culture while I was there. It was a fantastic experience. I can't wait to go back.

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome.

I live in the center of the country, in the hills of Samaria, near the historical site of the grave of Joshua. Today, the town of Ariel is nearby to our village of Revava.

hai and welcome! :D

only thing i know is grain = noise :meh:

oh and i think film sensitivity = ISO settings .. anywhere between 100 - 6400 (12800 on newer cameras) :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back