Hello from Madison Alabama

tgates

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just wanted to say hello and take a moment to introduce myself. I'm married...2 boys 21/16, 1 daughter 8 and one black lab - 2.
I love nature photography. My husband thinks I'm a nut because I like to take pictures of "stuff". He just doesn't understand.

I've been tinkering with photography for a few years now. I use a Minolta 35mm and a Nikon Coolpix 4300. I love the quality of the digital - obviously, but it's hard to compete with the versatility of an SLR.

So.....I'm currently in the market for a digital SLR. I'm considering the Nikon D70S and the Canon EOS 20D.

Any experiences with these two would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to learning more and viewing everyone elses photos.

Hi, welcome! I'm new here too. I have the Nikon D70s and love it, but I'm a die hard Nikon fan......so I'm biased.

Both cameras are great though, you can't make a bad decision on either. Go in and hold them both, try them out and see what "fits".

Welcome to the Forum, enjoy.

Hi Tammi, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
I've had a Canon EOS 350D for some 6 weeks now and like it very much.
The 20D was just waaaaayyyy over my (or let's say my husband's) financial limits. I love my "toy"! :D

OH cool! another southern person. Hello from Oxford, MS!! Welcome to the TPF, tgates!!

Most reactions

Back