Hello from New Zealand

well, we arrived at Tongariro today. We left the Marlborough Sounds yesterday. Kind of a shame, since it was a lovely place. Tomorow we gonna walk on a vulcano. It isnt a very long walk, about 16km, but it will be going up and down alot. Should be fun :)
Still taking enough pics and still having a great time.
Till the next post
Greetz

I'm glad you're keeping us updated! And I'm glad you're having a good time, Daan! :) :hug::

Meanwhile, this morning I'm setting off for my SECOND trip since you left. :lol:

your second trip allready? where to?
Its a bit nasty here, some bits of a tropical storm hit NZ a few days back (it started when we were climbing a vulcano....not good) and its never stopped. It is suposed to clear up this afternoon. Gonna do another walk again then.
We went to a Maori show yesterday, it looked pretty cool. And the food was also fantastic. Also found a belgian bar yesterday with some nice beers. Gonna go there again today. Pretty stupid, i cant even remember the name of the place we are now. Somewhere near Taupo though.
Anyways, gotta go again.
Till the next post
Greetz

Thought i would stop by again :)
We are in Auckland now and the first month of the vacation is almost over. Our travel mates are going back to Holland again tomorow and we will be traveling to Waitapo. This is were some family of my friend lives. Probably going to Austrlia for a couple of days too. Havent decided which city yet though.
In the last week we went walking on a vulcano (White Island), which was pretty cool. There is something exciting about walking on an island which could explode any minute :) On the way back we also saw some flying fish, wicked creatures.
Anyways, time to go again. Will post again later on.
Greetz

It's fun to hear of your travels, and live vicariously. And it's hard to believe a month has passed already. Keep on posting!

I will keep on posting and to proof it, here is yet another post
Our travelmates left Auckland yesterday morning and we shall leave auckland on Saturday. Will be going to Port Waitapo then(as i allready mentioned).
Today we went to the museum, which was a pretty cool thing. We wandered around there for almost 2 hours and believe me, that is a very long time for me to walk in a museum. And we just went to a movie. "Meet the Robinsons", it was a great flick. Tomorow we have to move from the hotel to a hostel. The hotel was full then, so we couldnt stay there anymore. But we are still in the centre of Auckland then, so its all good. Havent got a clue what we shall be doing tomorow. Wish i had a pc with PS, so i could start editing some pics. Im closing in on 3000 now, so lots of stuff to do.I still will be free the week after i get home, so i hope thats enough time to edit the lot. Should be though.
Anyways, im off again. Have to charge all kinds of stuff tonight and hoping to go to bed a bit early. So till the next post
Greetz

only 3000? your not even trying mate ;-)

im in Whangarei now. Havent taken alot of pics lately, the weather is kinda sucky. Its raining at the moment. Tomorow we are going to Paihia and just hope the weather clears a bit. Lots of stuff to do there, we are thinking of taking a sail trip there and also go to the most northern part of NZ. I think i will take some pics then, no matter what the weather does. But we will just have to have some patience i guess :)
Till the next time,
greetz Daan

Sorry the weather isn't co-operating, sounds like typical autumn weather. Whangarei is my hometown, so if you get some time try going down to the town basin or up to the Tikipunga falls, theyre good for taking photos :)

We didnt do alot in Whangarei. It was raining alot. So we went to Brauhaus Fringer and had some beers. Also made some arrangements for the rest of the trip. So i didnt go to the Tikipunga Falls. But with the overcast i wouldnt have made alot of shots anyways :)
We are in Paihi now and took a trip to Cape Reinga yesterday. Was a pretty cool trip. Took a bus drive over the 90 Mile Beach and did some sandboarding. After that the saw the lighthouse at the most northern point of NZ. Pretty cool stuff. Tomorow we are going on a boat trip.....on a sailboat. Should be pretty nice :)
Till the next post,
greetz Daan

I finally made some IR shots. Havent got a clue if it worked out though. Didnt have a tripod with me, so i had to use all kinds of stuff to put my camera on. They looked pretty well on my LCD screen, but that doesnt really say much, does it.
Next time ill write a bit more, but my time is almost up.
Till next time.

Hi Andy

Allright, got some time left over now.
So im in Taupo now. Gonna walk the Tongariro Crossing again. Thats a 17km walk between 2 old vulcanoes. Awesome walk. Last time we did it, it was cloudy, windy and rainy (is that a word?) So we are gonna try and do it again with some better weather. Also going to do a Skydive, how groovy is that. Its gonna be a tandem jump, so the chance that im gonna die will be smaller :).
Just got out of Rotorua, thats a place that smells like rotten eggs 24/7. Pretty cool place though. Did some walks there and went on the Gondela to get some nice views from the mountain there.
Havent got a clue where we are going next, its all still a big suprise. Only got 2 weeks left though, so time is running out. But we shall make the most of it, thats for sure.
Anyways, im off again. Till next time
Greetz

Always great to hear what adventures you've been having. Hope to hear from you REAL soon after the skydiving.
parachute.gif

Most reactions

Back