Hello from Pakistan!

fauzigarib

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Been around these parts for a while now, but thought I should now start getting my hands dirty and start taking pictures and improving my photography.

Complete newbie, and started learning on an old Sony Alpha a-100. Got used to shooting in Manual mode and decided that the best way to be committed to this hobby is to put money where my mouth is: Hence my latest purchase of a Nikon D-7000. Traded in the kit lens for a 55mm f/1.8 and the 18-200 zoom.

I really want to improve my compositions and learn to shoot in different lighting conditions... Also, I love some of the experimental photography going on here.

So hope to get to know some of you a little better and get some input on how to improve my shots.

Later,

Fauzi

Pictures, man, pictures!! Post some and let's get going!

KenC! LOL!

Was just trying to see what pictures I can upload to get you guys an idea of how hopeless I really am. So here goes!

And yes, I am completely open to criticism.

Patpong Night Bazaar - Bangkok - July 2011

The first is a capture that I was trying to get with a silhouette of the hawker in the middle. For some reason, she just wouldn't come in the center of the frame, so I ended up firing off. With a little cropping, this might have the potential to be kind of a compelling pic. Taken from approx 35 ft away, Nikkor 18-200, f/5.6, 1/200, and ISO 12800, iirc.
DSC_1146.jpg

Kind of Hiding:

My crazy son, in an ever-so-rare moment of quiet contemplation. I was messing with my 50mm, f/1.8 trying to get a shallow depth of field. Didn't really succeed, but I like the lighting, thoughtful expression and the one-eye-behind-the-sheet mystery.
DSC_0222.jpg
[/IMG]

So there! My first posts... :blushing:

-Fauzi

I didn't log on for a couple of days, but now I'm back, so here are a few comments. The second does capture a thoughtful expression and the DOF certainly is narrow, but I'd crop the right side, which is just distracting. Portraits more often than not are better as verticals. On the first, the silhouette might have been more effective if it conveyed some action. This one doesn't and there is stuff on the right and left edges of the frame that draws my attention. Keep pursuing this idea and see what you come up with.

Hello and welcome to the forum...

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back