Anesthetize

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone!

I am a photography hobbyist from Lisbon, Portugal. I mainly take pictures of concerts, since my day job prevents me from being able to photograph lots of different subjects. However that's not really a problem since concert photography is also my favorite type :D

I work full time as a Civil Engineer and I also play music as a past-time, hoping to someday achieve something in it too.

Please take a look at my flickr and deviantart (it won't take up much time since they are still pretty small) and let me know what you think :)

I hope to fit into this community. See you around!

Hi Anes! Welcome to this board

Hi there and welcome to this funhouse.

Wonder if we have anyone else from Portugal. That's one country I wouldn't mind going back to.

A lot of people here don't click on links. Post a couple photos if you want responses to your work.

Oh... ok then, thanks for the heads up. :)
Where in Portugal have you been? It really is a beautiful country. People here usually have the desire to go abroad, but ultimately we get to live happily right here in our corner.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Here are a couple shots I like best:

Very much like 1 and 3. Nothing much else to say.

#2 bothers me a bit because she doesn't have enough singing space. There should be more space to the left, in front of the singer. Otherwise very nice. Looking forward to seeing more. Big music fan here.

"People here usually have the desire to go abroad" As we say here in the US, the grass is always greener on the other side of the sceptic tank. :lol:

I could not tell you where I was in Portugal. It was a long time ago and I was only 7-8 years old. On the way out of Africa, the boat stopped for a day in a port. The two things I remember are: passengers throwing coins in the water and kids diving for them; and in the city/town there were those sleds with wood runners that you could take to come down the hill and, of course, the runners were smoking like crazy on the pavers.

What makes me want to go back is the photos from a friend's trip there and the way he talked about your fellow citizens.

Thanks for the comments. The second photo had indeed more to the left (more black empty space, actually). I have another shot in my computer where the girl is on the right side of it. I wanted to capture the two backup singers and blur them out, that's why I traded off the singing space.

I'm also a huge music fan (as stated in my first post, now that I think of it) and I'm trying hard to get myself a photopass for a couple of gigs happening this year, since my favorite band Porcupine Tree is playing here November.

Portuguese peolpe are famous for being very friendly indeed. From your description, I bet you ported in the Algarve (southern end of the country). If you ever end up coming back to Portugal, you're free to ask me for a couple of spots to visit ;)

Cheers!

#2 You could cut a bit off the right side (without putting the backup singers right against the frame of course) and add to the left. It should help.

Just checked out Porcupine Tree. Very nice. I should never talk music. I always end up spending money :lol: If that's alright, I'll pm you my email address. I'm always looking for new music and maybe you can introduce me to some Portuguese music.

Thanks for the offer but I'm not much of a tourist these days. Usually, I'll just walk around and watch people or just hang out where locals seem to hang out and try and talk to them. In Europe, I seem to spend a lot of time in cafes. :lol:

Good luck with getting a media pass.

PM it away. I'm always happy to share musical knowledge and depending on your tastes you might have a couple of surprises. Portuguese music has come a long way in the last couple of years.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back