Hello from Portugal!

aequilibrium

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone! My name is Inês (Agnes) and I'm a portuguese high-schooler who has always loved everything that was artistic and pleasing to the human eye, which includes photography, drawing, among others.

I've just recently entered the photography world for real (about 3 months ago) when I bought a Canon EOS 100D + EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens because I was tired and a little frustratef at constantly getting blurred or low quality photos with a cheap samsung compact camera. At the time I knew literally nothing about photography, cameras or anything and it was a little overwhelming at first , but I started to spend a lot of time looking up for stuff around a lot of photography websites and forums and here I am now, joining this one.

I've been exploring the various sides of photography and I think I've been leaning towards the side of street photography and portraits, even though I'm still extremely inexperienced because studies don't leave me with a lot of time for hobbies, especially photography since I barely leave home, yet all the basics are fully understood and organised in my head and I'm already completely comfortable with shooting in manual mode if I need/want to.

I will have a few question to ask here soon and I'm looking forward to learn a lot with everyone in this community!
Also, if someone could recommend me some nice photography blogs/websites/youtube channels or anything else with tips and info besides the basics I'd be extremelly grateful!

Here are some of my most recent shots, in case you're curious:

unspecified-7.jpg

unspecified-6.jpg

unspecified-8.jpg

unspecified-9.jpg

unspecified-10.jpg

Last edited:
Bem-vindo, Inês! Eu sou Leonore - uma Americana com pais do Portugal. Viveu em Braga quinze anos atras e fico em Nova Iorque agora.

I hope you find your experiences here on TPF useful and informative. You can ask questions in the different forums (check out some of the threads here: Photography Forum) or offer a picture up for comments or critique (C&C) in one of the photo galleries (Photography Forum)

From what you've shown here, there's room to grow but you're off to a good start. I think the first shot is most successful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back