Hello From Scotland

PJFW01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

After years of point-and-shoot photography I’ve bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-1GK (not a proper DSLR, I know) and would appreciate any advice.

Peter:lol:

Advice? Well, keep your lens clean and free of grit,dust,and fingerprints; the newer microfiber cleaning cloths offer amazingly good lens cleaning compared to the old tissue style lens cleaning paper.

Read the manual and fully understand how the doggone camera works,and maybe do a bit of practicing with changing settings.

Do some experimenting in strongly backlighted situations, or strongly sidelighted situations and other "unusual" lighting conditions to get an idea of how the camera's light metering system works.

Carry the camera with you and try and make at least one interesting photo per day. Every time you make a really good picture, treat yourself to a nice pint!

Have fun!

Hi! I joined yesterday also - like Derrel said take time to get to know your new camera and mess about with settings and stuff - I generally take a camera everywhere I go - you never know when a situation for a shot might arise! xxx

Most reactions

Back