Hello from Switzerland

clupica

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cwlupica.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I'm not Swiss but I've been here going on 10 years. I have recnetly changed from photography as a hobby to photography as a business. I am doing fine-art photography, with stock as a sideline.

My prefered styles are panoramas -- traditional and linear, mosaics -- multi-image stitches that result in something more square than a panorama, fused focus -- multiple images "fused" in to a single image yielding an otherwise unobtainable depth of field, and tone-mapped HDR -- mostly of building interiors. Though fused and HDR images are more occational than panoramas and mosaics. I have created at least one panorama that is nearly 3 feet long without enlargement!

My current trend is toward building a collection of macro photos of alpine wildflowers; especially the ones indigenous to Switzerland.

Welcome to TPF :)

I have created at least one panorama that is nearly 3 feet long without enlargement!

without enlargement referring to what format? do you mean 3 feet of small format 35mm film unenlarged?
That would be ... calculates ... hmm ... many exposures ;)

Welcome to TPF, I'm also not swiss but live here. Been here 2 years now. Look forward to seeing some photos.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to TPF :)
without enlargement referring to what format? do you mean 3 feet of small format 35mm film unenlarged?
That would be ... calculates ... hmm ... many exposures ;)
Ok, let's state it in pixels then. The image is so large that PhotoShop PSD is too small to hold it and I must use the large file format, psb, to save the file. The dimensions exceed 30'000 pixels in length by about 3800 pixels in height. I have a shorter segment that was composed of 25 10mp images, but I'm not sure how many images went into the the longer sequence.

And to be clear, when I say print size without enlargement, I'm refering to the size that photoshop says the image is at 300 dpi.

Some of my older images can be seen on my website, but I haven't added anything in months. http://www.cwlupica.com

And to be clear, when I say print size without enlargement, I'm refering to the size that photoshop says the image is at 300 dpi.

ok, thanks. That explains what you mean. In photography terms that is quite an enlargement though, since you compare the size of a 10MP 300dpi print with the actual sensor size.

In any case, you should share some of your recent panorama work with us :D

Alex, you and I both know this is splitting hairs. A 10mp 3872 x 2592 Nikon image is expected to print at 21.95 cm x 32.78 at 300dpi; or about 8" x 12".

Since the image I am talking about is over 30'000 pixels in length I would expect it to print at 254cm without doing any "upsizing". This means that at 2.5 meters in length, it is as clear throughout as a single image printed at 21.95 x 32.78.

I might post some of the smaller works, but the really big panoramas are so small and narrow on a monitor that they just don't look as amazing as they are.

well, i was confused by the term enlargement (which has nothing to do with pixels). upsizing as in adding pixels is another term, which is clear to me straight away. I am not splitting hair, it is just that I at first did not understand what you meant with the terms you used.

Alex, (and all)

I hope I have cleared up what I said. And I'm sorry if I seemed to take offense. Truly, anything printed larger than the sensor or the negative is an enlargement.

One of the members of the photo club I belong to has a commercial roll printer and he printed one of the really long ones for me. He had to crop it to less than 30'000 pixels because the printer driver was not designed to print that long, even on a roll printer.

Alex, (and all)

I hope I have cleared up what I said. And I'm sorry if I seemed to take offense. Truly, anything printed larger than the sensor or the negative is an enlargement.

One of the members of the photo club I belong to has a commercial roll printer and he printed one of the really long ones for me. He had to crop it to less than 30'000 pixels because the printer driver was not designed to print that long, even on a roll printer.

please do not worry, we are not offending each other :hugs: i just wanted to make clear that I truly did not understand what you meant first due to a confusion of terms ;) ... normally I am not that complicated :D

I might post some of the smaller works, but the really big panoramas are so small and narrow on a monitor that they just don't look as amazing as they are.

the big panos are good for scrolling through :) just post them at 500 height and whatever respective width they have. we have done that before on here and it looks nice :)

Ok, Alex

I'll post a long panorama in cityscapes when I get a chance. It's about 2:30 and I really should go off to bed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back