Hello from the UK (South)

Tiger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is the first forum I've joined, so if you see lots of mistakes it's because I'm not too good with computers, this is part of the reason I've not ventured into digital photography to any degree.

My primary interest is without doubt monochrome black & white which I've done for the last 45 years or so. Sometimes I will use colour if I'm taking pictures of wildlife ie foxes, badgers, birds.

I live in a rural location in Dorset where there are many photographic opportunities, though on occassions I do venture into the city (usually Southampton) to capture my love of architecture.

My longest photographic session started in November 1970 when I embarked on a voyage to Australia, I took hundreds of images (slides) taking in Trinidad, Curacoa, Tahiti, umpteen Pacific Islands, New Zealand, Australia. I returned to the UK in March 1971 and stayed with friends in a flat in Redhill, Surrey. Unfortunately I left boxes of slides at the flat before embarking on further photographic escapades. When I returned to the flat to collect my slides, my friends had emigrated to the US and the slides were lost. So if anyone on here comes across yellow boxes of slides with images of ships, islands and the city of Sydney, they're mine!

Tiger.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back