Hello from VA

I just did a quick run-through their website. Clicked on a lot of pages. Did a few searches. Did not find any specific templates or any mention of templates.

I have "templates" set for my package sizes.. so.. I select my package A and it has a "template" for 8 wallet, (3) 4x6 and (4) 4x5. I drag and drop my photo and it appears in each of these boxes. At this point I can adjust it the way I want it. Except in my case... my photos are too large and my pre-cropped and edited images have some of the edges and info getting cropped off the photo. DESIGNER.. I have not talked to anyone nor have I sent any photos out yet. Maybe I need to clarify.. I set up class packages for a dance studio and I took the photos... I have edited the photos and now I want to print my photos and my big pictures don't fit quite right into the package sizes I have offered and I don't need to crop them because they have already been cropped in when I edited them... I have tried resizing to keep them in print quality... but that is not helping me. The edges are still out of frame. I know Mpix has a smartfit I was hoping to find something similar to that. I do appreciate the advice and the help.. I am still new at this and I just want this over and my clients happy.
I tried to upload a sample of one of my photos.. but it is too big for the forum.

Here is one of the photos.

Attachments

• JORDANREDO12frost.jpg
    JORDANREDO12frost.jpg
    845.8 KB · Views: 139
I see that your watermark is right on the corner, and probably would be cut off when they print. What aspect ratio is this photo? (like 4x5, 3x4, etc.) It might be time to call Nations Photo Lab or if you can't get the help you need, call some other place. I had prints made last fall, and the small shop that I used was very helpful, but I was right there talking to the owner in person over the counter.

I tried to upload a sample of one of my photos.. but it is too big for the forum.
Yes, this site does not handle RAW files, and the JPGs should be resized to no larger than 1024 pixels on the longest edge. Then when you upload the file, you can select "full size" and it will display on here very nicely. Note; this is not cropping, just re-sized. You crop to the correct aspect ratio before exporting and then you determine what size for web display. For sending to a printer, just call and talk, or call some other printer who will walk you through it.

BTW: will your editing software add a white border? If you put on a white border, your customers will have some "extra" to frame with, and still get the full image to show in the frame.

I appreciate your help DESIGNER. I have talked to my lab before this and I am still having issues.. I am going to talk with him again... hopefully he can get me straight.

BTW: will your editing software add a white border? If you put on a white border, your customers will have some "extra" to frame with, and still get the full image to show in the frame.
I can.. but it still has too much falling off the edges at the moment. Thanks.

It sounds to me as if you are cropping instead of resizing. Forgive me if I am wrong about that. Go back to your un-cropped, un-resized original file and crop it to the correct aspect ratio, and upon exporting, select the size to be no larger than 1024 on the longest side, and then you can upload it here.

I have done both. I am going back to the original images and will just re edit them after I get them to fit in the lab format. I really appreciate everything. Just didn't want to start over.. too many hours already wasted.

.. too many hours already wasted.
It's only time wasted if you haven't learned anything. When you finally get it all working, then you should congratulate yourself.

I just want to find a way to shrink my photo so it will fit into the lab templates.
Can you post the lab templates here, or maybe post a link to them?
I feel so dumb that I can't solve this issue. My intent is to send them to Nations Photo Lab. I have created my own packages to sell to my clients. We will just start with one package. It has 8 wallet, (4) 4x5 and (3) 4x6 (this order is 3 8x10 sheets). I am getting frustrated.

The same picture won't fit into both a 4x5 and a 4x6 frame because they are a different shape.
Ignore the size, look at the shape.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back