Hello from Vermont

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I belonged to another photography forum that has become abandoned as of late and found this awesome place recommended by a few photography blogs. I have to admit, love the design of this forum!!

So I just want to introduce myself.

My name is Nick and I've been shooting since about 2008. I started to get serious about photography when I got my first DSLR, the Nikon D60 and even though I only had kit lenses, I learned a lot with that camera and since then I've upgraded to a D7000 which I completely wore out and now I'm shooting with a D610. But anyways, I enjoy shooting most things, I'm not attached to one style yet. Living in Vermont its rather hard to avoid nature, haha. But I've been getting shooting pictures of cars lately mainly because me and my dad restored a 1976 Ford Torino "Starsky & Hutch" car together, so we attend lots of shows.

Someday, I'd like to turn it into a job possibly shooting portraits..but I have terrible people skills and that's something I'm currently working on and hope to get advice here.

I went to school for computer networking and so I worked in IT for a while...but didn't want to sit behind the computer all the time and I felt photography helped me to get my butt outside. On the side, I still fix people's computers and networks.

Besides photography, some of my other hobbies are being outdoors in the summer time going hiking and such. I also enjoy creating YouTube videos when I can. I was trying to think of other hobbies I do, but honestly...photography takes up most of my time (and money).

I also have a beautiful silver tabby maine coon named Ziva, she's a hairy cat let me tell you. I just had to share a pic, everyone loves cats.

14683463375_433a4b6a56_z.jpg

Well that's all for now. I hope to learn more about photography from this forum and I hope I can help others too.

Cheers!

Welcome from another New Englander! What part of VT are your from? I went to school in Bennington but live in the lakes region of NH. Hope you're staying warm out there today!

Welcome from another New Englander! What part of VT are your from? I went to school in Bennington but live in the lakes region of NH. Hope you're staying warm out there today!

I live in Waterbury. Its near Stowe. Yes it is very cold today and I've been fighting the flu all week, so I'm staying indoors keeping warm.

Sweet, I grew up near Montpelier.

Went to Stowe all the time to snowboard.

Welcome to the forum, I grew up in the town of Sheldon out around the St. Albans area, and now currently reside with my fiancee just a short drive north of you (35-40 min.) in Hyde Park. I ride through Waterbury often on my motorcycle when going South for a ride.

Welcome to the site Nick...

Thanks for recommending this place on "the other forum" I am really enjoying it so far.

welcome to the forum. i was in st. johnsbury a couple weeks ago and passed through going to quebec quite a few times.

Another escapee lol. ;)
Ha ha yeah. I know I wasn't the most active but I was learning a lot from reading what others like yourself were posting. Hopefully I will have more time to dedicate to developing my photography skills this year.

That place has gone the way of the dodo. 20K+ members and lucky if there was 1 or 2 new posts a day. It's certainly much more lively here!

That place has gone the way of the dodo. 20K+ members and lucky if there was 1 or 2 new posts a day. It's certainly much more lively here!

I think its funny that there are still people posting there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back