Hello, I Have A Problem

DaleCozy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dalecozy.deviantart.com
Sorry To Bother You, But im only a begginer in photography and im only 15 well thats my excuse :lol: but i have a Fujifilm finepix a330, which ive been told is quite a good camera for a begginer but i have no idea how to do exposure shots, ive looked in the manual searched the web still no sucsess and its really ****ing me off to tell you the truth i wanna know and it agravates me that i can't, i love the effect it gives off so is anyone kind enough to help.

I just did a quick search on your camera and I am not seeing any modes that will allow you to manually change the shutter speed or aperture, though it does say your camera can take images anywhere between 2s and 1/2000. Your best bet is to try it in a pitch black room on a flat surface, take a picture (hopefully fooling it to take a 2 second exposure and in the remaining 1.5seconds use a flashlight pointing at the camera moving. With a minimum shutter speed of 2 seconds, you probably won't be able to take the 'string of light' images you want.

oh, we'll the effect im looking for is this
tripod2.jpg
but i will try the stuff you told me thanks for the fast reply and help... i need a new cam :p

What I was suggesting was a test to see if that 'method' might work. To take a photo like that (if the trial works) just bring along a piece of black fabric and when you trip the shutter pull it away. It is always worth a try.

Just a note, if it isn't your image just leave a link to it. : )

If your camera has exposure lock (look it up in the instruction manual) you could point it at something dark or black, exposure lock, then recompose.

What you really need is a camera that allows you shutter and aperture control.

Kudos to you for wanting to experiment with exposure time!

You might consider an upgrade to a camera that allows a more user friendly manual operation.

Digitals with manual controls aren't too expensive, I agree with Depthafield. :) I have a 300 dollar camera with manual controls. Kodak Z740.

Most reactions

Back